Funds from $250 (USD) – $2,000 (USD) will be awarded, on a one-time basis, for successful applications from eligible individuals. The funds must be spent within 8 months of receiving fund confirmation from Yesod Europe. Funds will be paid directly to the organization, trainer or coach providing the professional development service. Money will not be given directly to the applicant.
Before applying to the Professional Development Fund, we encourage you to have a consultation with Professional Development Manager, Colin Bulka, to discuss your own or your team’s development needs and next steps. Colin can be contacted on email@example.com
For Jewish learning and development support, please visit our Jewish Learning Fund for more details and to arrange a consultation.
Funds will be awarded to Jewish community professionals and educators who:
- Work in a paid professional capacity for 16 hours a week or more in Jewish organizations of all types that work with, and to develop, Jewish communities. This could include but is not limited to, youth organizations, Jewish Community Centres (JCCs), synagogues, schools, welfare and cultural organizations.
- Are based in a European country. Unfortunately we are unable to accept applications from the Former Soviet Union outside of the Baltic states.
- Have at least 6 months of experience working professionally in the Jewish community.
- Have not already had a successful application to this fund in the past 12 months.
Funds will not be granted for training/learning opportunities that have already taken place or for those that are already supported in other ways by Yesod Europe’s partner organisations.
Funds can be used for one-to-one learning or group courses, either online or in-person. There are several types of professional development that will be considered within the terms of this fund:
Professional skills development
Grow your personal toolkit of professional skills that are critical for success. Examples include (but are not limited to) courses for pedagogy, public speaking, experiential education, fundraising and budgeting.
Support for a training course taking place physically in a different country may also be subject to restrictions due to Covid 19. If you are considering a request to train abroad, please discuss this with our Professional Development Manager.
Work one-to-one with a professional coach in order to improve your skills, for example, in strategic planning, communication, fundraising, assertiveness, negotiation skills, management, and work-life balance. Yesod Europe will work with you to identify an excellent coach (in English or a language of your choice where possible) or you may request a specific coach. References will be required for the coach.
Travel to visit a peer organization in another community and learn from their best practices as well as develop stronger networks for collaboration. Applicants may know where and who to visit at the time of their application, or may request help from Yesod Europe as to where to go. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss. For example, a JCC Director or Department Director may plan to visit a JCC in another European country of comparable Jewish community size, to learn about their intergenerational programming and outreach. See Yesod Europe Peer Visit Guidelines here.
Support for physical travel between countries is currently on hold due to Covid 19. We will update the website when the situation changes. You may still apply for a peer visit but, if approved, it would only be able to take place when we resume support for travel.
Closing date for applications to be reviewed is the last day of each calendar month.
Applicants will be contacted with a decision approximately 4 – 6 weeks after the closing date.
Please note: As part of our decision making process, Yesod Europe’s Professional Development Manager may contact you to talk through your application in more detail and to ask additional questions.
- Read the guidelines carefully and ensure that you are eligible.
- Apply using the online application form. The application includes a description of what you want to do with the funds including a budget.
- Within 30 days of completing the professional development opportunity you will be required to submit a short report describing the course of study key lessons learned how this has impacted you directly and plans to use your new expertise in your work.
- Payment will be made for an agreed US Dollar amount and paid in local currency via wire transfer.
- For more information please contact us at email@example.com